Home.               About.               Contact.              

Saturday, 30 August 2014

Little Waterstone's Haul



As a leaving present from my work, I got a Waterstones gift voucher and loads of chocolates too which literally got eaten within 24 hours of receiving them. Anyhow, the waterstones voucher was probably the nicest thing imaginable as I'm always on the want for new books so what a great opportunity to get some. I suppose you could call this my late summer reading list, as its books I've been wanting to get my hands on for some time. 

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - I've heard a lot about this book mainly good things so I thought this would be a good addition to read. The plot mainly focuses on the attitudes to race and class in the 1930's and one man's struggle for justice. 

More than This by Patrick Ness -  So this is one of those books that kept popping up and grabbing my attention. I then found that John Green had recommend this book and it kind of gave me that extra shove to buy it. The plot focuses on a boy named Seth who wakes up in an abandoned world and is searching for answers about life and even the afterlife. I have a feeling this is going to be a great read.

We are all completely beside ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler - This one was more of an impulse buy. I stumbled across it in waterstones and not gonna lie I was quite drawn to it by the cover. However the plot doesn't disappoint either as it certainly sounds interesting. Its about an unusual family, with loads of secrets so the mystery is rather high in this book.

It by Alexa chung - Okay, so I kind of love Alexa Chung as she is superb and is such an influence in the fashion world. So I had to buy this just for the inspiration it with holds. 

Have you read any of these and what books are you currently reading/wanting?

4 comments:

  1. I have heard so much about To Kill a Mockingbird but never read it myself. It by Alexa Chung is definitely on my read wish list too!

    Reflection of Sanity | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly why I bought it and Its such an inspirational book, I'm sure you will love it ^^

      Delete
  2. I read To Kill a Mockingbird at school as part of my English GCSE and I loved it. I've read it so many times since then and it's become one of my all-time favourites. It's such a brilliant story, even though it deals with some quite difficult topics. A definite must read! xxx

    Kirsty - Effortlessly Excessive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw wow, I'm definitely looking forward to reading it as its sounds superb! xxx

      Delete